Sikkim Public Service Commission
Sikkim made the part of Indian Union in May 1975. In 1978, the state public service commission was constituted under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) started working from 1982. At present the Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) is located in the classrooms of the Old West Point School Complex. The Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) is responsible for administration of Union Public Service Commission examinations in the state.Functions
The Sikkim Public Service Commission (SPSC) performs the following functions:
- Recruitment to services & posts under the State through conduct of competitive examinations;
- Recruitment to services & posts under the State Government by Selection through Interviews;
- Advising government of state on the suitability of officers for appointment on promotion;
- Advising Government on all matters relating to methods of Recruitment to various services & posts;
- Disciplinary cases relating to all government employees; and
- Miscellaneous matters relating to grant of extra ordinary pensions, reimbursement of legal expenses etc.
- The major role played by the Commission is to select persons to man the various Services and Posts.
Sikkim Public Service Commisssion,
Below Police HQ, 737102,